Friday, August 26, 2011

How can you 'Resist' Lily Pad Cards?

Like my title? I could 'resist'. Hee hee. Okay enough of the puns. :)

This week's Lily Pad Cards challenge is use the Resist stamping technique. :) We have a WONDERFUL sponsor this week too! Simon Says Stamp! Yay! I have to tell you, I just love their customer service and international shipping rates. They are top-notch! :)

Here's my card:


For my card I used the Springtime Silhouettes stamp set by Gina K. Designs, Out of Print patterned paper by Basic Grey, and Bloomers ribbon by Webster's Pages.

Instructions:
1.       Make notecard from cardstock.
2.       Cut patterned paper to size and distress edges with distresser.
3.       Clear emboss butterfly image at top and stamp sentiment at bottom.
4.       Using distress inks and ink blending tool apply color over butterfly image.
5.       Adhere panel to card and embellish with ribbon.

      Feel free to email me with any questions you may have. :) 

      I can't wait to see what the other designers have come up with over at Lily Pad Cards! Hop on over to take a look and get all the challenge details. 

      As always, thanks for stopping bye! :)

 

12 comments:

Maureen Morton said...

Such a beauty, Sarah! Love the distressed look and the fresh color combo. This is a knock-out! Thanks for sharing.

Lin said...

I LOVE this, Sarah!

Tracey said...

GORGEOUS to the MAX Sarah!!!!

Vicky said...

This goes on my top10 all time favorite cards! It's striking! The design, the colors, the ribbon, the resist! A Piece of Art! Another one of your creations that should be a magazine cover!!! Keep inspiring us Sarah!

Barb said...

Oh my, Sarah! This is just gorgeous! I love the way your butterfly looks against the fabulous Out of Print, Basic Grey paper! Beautiful resist and love that ribbon! Happy weekend to you! :)

Tami H said...

Wow, absolutely beautiful, Sarah!! Love everything about this!

AnitaRex said...

Sarah I am in awe of your card! So stunning! Love the fresh feeling with these colors!! :>

jintyoo7 said...

WOW, Sarah - this is ...well I don't know how to describe it - exquisite, is one word!

susanne said...

Oh Sarah, this is so gorgeous! susanne lavender&roses

Nancy said...

this card is so amazing, Sarah! just gorgeous.

MarcyK924 said...

Brilliant Sarah!

Ellie said...

This is such a beauty!!!!