Thursday, September 25, 2014

Simon Says Stamp Happy Happy Birthday!

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the long absence. Things have been kind of crazy here with the start of our homeschool year. Regardless, I'm here today to share a card I made using the fun Zig Zag Dots Stencil from Simon Says Stamp.



Can you believe I only used 3 ink colors to create this rainbow background?! I love how well the Distress Inks blend. After mounting some patterned paper and my stenciled background to my card base, I die cut some speech bubbles using the Simon Says Stamp Talk Bubbles Dies. I white heat embossed the sentiments from Simon's 'Happy' and 'Be Sentiments' stamp sets and inked up the edges of the word bubbles with white pigment ink. I used foam adhesive to mount the top die to add a little dimension and finished things off with some My Mind's Eye Enamel Dots.

Supplies:



Ok, lunch break is over...back to hitting the books. :)
Thanks for stopping by!
Sarah

5 comments:

Susanne Vargas said...

You came back with a bang! I just love your happy rainbow/speech bubble card!

Anonymous said...

beautiful colours! love the stencil. Great card Sarah.

Julie R.

Cindy C. said...

Only three colours used?! Impressive!! Very fun card Sarah!!

Froggietalks said...

Love this stencil, and how you used it is brilliant!

byAnnette said...

Love the rainbow look!