Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Creating Your Own Background (Using a Simon Says Stamp Die)

Hi everyone,

I'm sure you've seen the newest release from Simon Says Stamp, Cold Hands, Warm Heart. There are SO many great new products here!! Simon was sweet enough to send a few new things my way and I've ordered a bunch more.


For the card I'm sharing today I decided to take the ski board die form the Winter Gear Die Set and create a background with it for a boy`s birthday card. First, I used the die to cut a repetitive pattern out of white cardstock. I then adhered my white panel to a white notecard, die cut more ski boards out of MME Boy Crazy 6x6 patterned paper, and adhered them in place. I left one die cut area empty to stamp my sentiment in. Finally, I die cut the hockey puck out of three of the patterned papers, adhered them in place, and coated them with Glossy Accents to create a bit of an embellishment. This would be a great card to send in the mail since it's so flat. :)



Supplies:



That`s it for me today.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Sarah

7 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

My goodness...super cute!

joy said...

So clever, Sarah - Any boy would love this card!!

Unknown said...

Such a clever idea!

richardbreaks said...

Really well done, and I love your paper choices!

alexandra s.m. said...

beautiful card Sarah!
Thank You~

Leni said...

Fun shapes

Jenna ♥ said...

So awesome card Sarah!!! Cool idea!